Oh those job interviews – I missed out on the position I wanted however I got a temporary one with some wonderful people so all is not lost. Ah, there I was, feeling a little discouraged so I visited a few blogs that give me a lift. The first one up was Quinn McDonald over at Quinn Creative and there was my name and blog, nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award – and to be nominated means you’re a winner! I’ve followed Quinn’s blog for a while now and find her to be a really savvy, down-to-earth writer and artist – always encouraging people to take that next step.
This is my first blogger award (I’m not discounting that I may get more – how’s that for confidence?) and I’m really excited as I have only been blogging a couple of weeks – this is my 11th post. I’m grateful to Quinn’s encouragement and to The Versatile Blogger!
Here are the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, list 7 things about yourself.
Here are my nominations – part of the fun here is discovering new blogs to love!
- Diana Trout – check out her YouTube Channel, it’s full of wonderful ideas and I love her book Journal Spilling.
- Violette’s Creative Juice – I just love Violette’s work, her blog is open and honest and she isn’t afraid to encourage others by being vulnerable – I love her honesty. She also has a terrific book, Journal Bliss, and a YouTube Channel . She’s branching out and working with teens so check her site Purple Juice out if you haven’t already.
- Leslie Herger at the Comfortable Shoes Studio – her automatic drawing are truly incredible!
- Milliande – oh! Her videos are amazing and her website a meeting place for 100s of artists – amazing!
- Lynette Collis’ blog All of Me is lovely – and she lives not to far from me!
- Tammy Garcia over at Daisy Yellow is a definite favourite – I love her colour!
- Traci Bunkers – does everyone know about Traci and her stamps? Wonderful! I love her work.
- 8 That Create is a bonus blog! 8 wonderful artists who have their own blogs but collaborate on this one. I guess it would be cheating to name each one as one of my 15, but please check them out individually.
- And Ricë Freeman Zachary – love her books, love her rants, love her re-styled clothes.
- Leslie Avon Miller’s blog textures shapes and color is one I have just discovered and likely to visit often.
- How can a list of favourites be complete without Traci Bautista’s blog creativity UNLEASHED
- As far as non-art sites is concerned, I’m rather fond of checking in on Zen Habits. Leo Babauta has some good thoughts based on his own experiences in beating bad habits.
- I drop in on Mystele at little glimpses studio for a fix of her painting – nice videos here.
- And Journal Artista – terrific! Love her U Stream events too.
- Another new blog I’ve bookmarked is Mundo Lindo – Beautiful World. This is kid’s art – a group started by the wonderful Jane La Fazio, it’s a free weekly 2-hour after-school art class for fourth and fifth grade children in the low-income population of Escondido [San Diego North]. Inspirational
I think I got more than 15 in there but I could go on and list so many wonderful blogs.
Now 7 things about me.
- For nomination number 10 it was unbelievably difficult for me to spell colour without a U.
- I can be somewhat rebellious – stroppy is the appropriate descriptor I think.
- I had a motorbike license before I learned to drive a car.
- A dawn ride in a hot-air balloon over Cappadocia is one of the most amazing experiences I’ve had – and I’ve had quite a few!
- I love driving off on a holiday in the early hours of dawn while the rest of the city sleeps.
- I drink my morning coffee strong, black and unsweetened.
- I never thought I’d enjoy quilting as much as I do.
So that’s it – I guess I need to let all those people know they’ve been nominated just in case they miss this post!